Wabamun School is in the heart of a family community, and there is a strong bond between the school and the community it serves. That sense of family is reflected in the learning environment, where students feel at home. The small school environment provides opportunities to build relationships with each student, ensuring that their needs are met and that they feel safe and cared for. Student success is measured by both academic and social growth. The school's motto is "The PRIDE of the Community", and we strive to instill the virtues of Perseverance, Resilience, Integrity, Determination and Empathy in everything members of our school community can achieve.
The PRIDE of the Community.
Unique Features of Our School
- Strong Early Literacy programming.
- PRIDE Virtues: Perseverance, Resilience, Integrity, Determination, Empathy
- Student Leadership Program for Grades 6-9.
- Collaborative West-End Career Technology Foundations Program
- Active school, parent and community partnerships with the Village of Wabamun, Wabamun Seniors' Centre, Servus Credit Union, Wabamun WAVES, Public Library, Lions Club, TransAlta and others.
- Close proximity to and frequent use of Lake Wabamun Provincial Park, Wabamun Museum, Wabamun Bowling Alley and Wabamun Community Hall to support CTF and curricular outcomes.
- Technology in every classroom including Chromebooks, interactive white boards, projectors and document cameras.
- Educational field trips and cultural events.
- Athletic and collaborative opportunities with other West End schools.
- Positive working partnerships with CN and RCMP liaison.
Students at Wabamun School demonstrate success when:
- They are actively and positively engaged in their learning.
- They demonstrate both academic and social growth.
- They model the traits of citizenship and social responsibility.
- They are critical thinkers and problem solvers.
What Makes Us Proud
- Our willingness to work together to face challenges as a school and community team.
- Our collaboration with other West End schools, providing cultural events, professional development and the WEST Career Technology Foundation Program.
What Makes Wabamun a Great School
- All students at Wabamun School experience success and demonstrate growth.
- Parents, students and staff express satisfaction with the overall quality of the school.
- Wabamun School has formed strong partnerships with community organizations that regularly support the school such as:
- The Village of Wabamun
- Wabamun Seniors Centre
- Wabamun Library
- Wabamun WAVES
- Wabamun Servus Credit Union
- Wabamun Lions
- Wabamun IDA Pharmacy
- Parkland Fire Services
- Parkland RCMP
- MuRay’s Market (Bigway)
- 52nd St. Marketplace & Jingl's Café
- And other community businesses and entrepreneurs who support the school’s initiatives.
- There is a strong positive relationship among staff at Wabamun School, who work together for the best interests of our students.
Wabamun School, along with the support of our parent and community partners, has accomplished many successes this year. When looking at the Provincial Accountability Pillar, there have been many improvements, such as:
- Safe and Caring – improved by 15.6%
- Program of Studies improved by 7.4%
- Education Quality improved by 5.7%
- Citizenship improved by 19.6%
- School improvement improved by 4.8%