- Strong Early Literacy programming.
- PRIDE Virtues: Perseverance, Resilience, Integrity, Determination, Empathy
- Student Leadership Program for Grades 6-9.
- Collaborative West-End Career Technology Foundations Program
- Active school, parent and community partnerships with the Hamlet of Wabamun, Wabamun Seniors' Centre, Servus Credit Union, Wabamun WAVES, Public Library, Lions Club, TransAlta and others.
- Close proximity to and frequent use of Lake Wabamun Provincial Park, Wabamun Museum, Wabamun Bowling Alley and Wabamun Community Hall to support CTF and curricular outcomes.
- Technology in every classroom including Chromebooks, interactive white boards, projectors and document cameras.
- Educational field trips and cultural events.
- Athletic and collaborative opportunities with other West End schools.
- Positive working partnerships with CN and RCMP liaison.
Wabamun School is in the heart of a family community, and there is a strong bond between the school and the community it serves. That sense of family is reflected in the learning environment, where students feel at home. The small school environment provides opportunities to build relationships with each student, ensuring that their needs are met and that they feel safe and cared for. Student success is measured by both academic and social growth. The school's motto is "The PRIDE of the Community", and we strive to instill the virtues of Perseverance, Resilience, Integrity, Determination and Empathy in everything members of our school community can achieve.
The PRIDE of the Community.